Welcome to my personal page at PUCRS
I am a researcher on multiagent systems, BDI agent reasoning, normative reasoning and automated planning. I am currently an Associate Professor at Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio Grande do Sul, where I lead the Group on Autonomous Systems. I am also head of the Scientific Committee of the School of Computer Science, and a member of the Teaching Board of the Computer Science undergraduate program. Finally, I am one of the co-founders of Gigabrain Ltd. a startup company that carries out research consultancy and post-processing of neuroimaging data. I currently hold CNPq's highly productive researcher fellowship, and recently I have finished as one of the four runners up to the Microsoft Research Faculty Fellowship in 2013.
Prior to my current academic position, I worked as a Project Scientist in Multiagent Systems at the Robotics Institute of Carnegie Mellon University after completing a Postdoctoral Fellowship at the same university with Professor Katia Sycara. I obtained my PhD degree at King's College London, with a thesis on Extending agent languages for multiagent domains under the supervision of Professor Michael Luck and co-supervised by Professor Andrew Jones. At King's I was part of the Agents and Intelligent Systems Group. I started my studies at the University of Southampton in 2005, and moved to King's College London in September of 2006.
Prior to my full-time academic career, I worked in the industry as a contractor for Hewlett-Packard Brazil, and worked on a variety of projects with some very interesting people. Previously I was a research assistant at FACIN/PUCRS, and an MSc student in Computer Science at PPGCC/PUCRS, where I also obtained my undergraduate degree. Information about my academic and professional career can be checked out in my complete CV, or in a more academic CV.
I have chaired the AAAI Symposium on Proactive Assistant Agents. I am currently area chair for Planning and Scheduling for the 2014 IBERAMIA and co-chair of the 5th International Workshop on Collaborative Agents (CARE 2014) I currently serve in the programme committee of the following conferences (and have served in the past):
- Senior Program Committee for 14th International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems (AAMAS);
- 29th AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI);
- 12th German Conference on Multiagent System Technologies (MATES);
- 12th European Conference on Multi-agent Systems;
- 13th International Conference on Practical Applications of Agents and Multi-Agent Systems (PAAMS);
- 17th International Workshop on Coordination, Organisations, Institutions and Norms (COIN 2014);
- Künstliche Intelligenz (KI) (German Journal of Artificial Intelligence);
- Knowledge Engineering Review (KER) from Cambridge Press;
- Theoretical Computer Science (TCS) from Elsevier;
- Journal of Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent Systems (JAAMAS) from Springer;
- Web Intelligence and Agent Systems (WIAS) from IOS Press; and
- Group Decision and Negotiation (GRUP) from Springer.