I finished my BSc Course in Computer Science at PUCRS in December 1989, and the MSc in Computer Science at Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul (all in portuguese), in July 1994. Both courses were undertaken in Porto Alegre, Brazil.
I got my PhD degree at Swiss Federal institute of Technology (Switzerland) - VRLab, under supervision of Prof. Daniel Thalmann, where I worked mainly with Crowd Simulation and virtual humans. More recently, I spent a year (from July2015 to July2016) for my sabbatical at UPENN working with Prof. Norman Badler, where I worked mainly with crowd simulation.
My current research is in the area of Crowd Simulation, Virtual Human Agents, Behavioral Modeling and Computer Vision. Actually I am coordinator of some research projects in those areas.
- Cultural Crowds (Office of Naval Research Global)
- Crowd Simulation (Private companies)
- Data detection in Video Sequence (Project developed with the State of Rio Grande do Sul)
- Nov/2019 - Crowds Behavior Analysis and Simulation: Presented at ICEC 2019 (Arequipa, Peru)
- Oct/2019 - Why not Crowd Simulation? Presented at SIBGRAPI/SBGames/SVR 2019 (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
- July/2019 - Crowds Behavior Analysis and Simulation: Presented at Worlshop of CASA 2019 (Paris, France)
People at VHLab
I supervise Undergraduate, Master, PhD and posdoc researchers. Interested send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posdoc and PhD students
carlos Johansson, Diogo Schaffer, Ian Costa,
Julia Melgare, Paulo Brossard, William Dias